Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Zoo Day

My brother is a pretty fun guy. He likes to get me to do things that I am scared to do, or just haven't done before. He took me on my first roller coaster with up-side-down loops when I was six. He is the only person I will let drive me on a motorcycle. We went parasailing...twice... the first time things didn't go so well, but that's a story for another day. Okay, I'll give it to you in short.... He was up in the air parasailing and the motor quit on the boat and he ended up in the river. But we tried parasailing again the next year, and it was quite fun. He took me snowboarding when I was in high school and we ended up on a blue course (our first time snowboarding), at dusk, and the trail was very icy... He took me in a little place to tour Charelston when I visited him in college, that was a little terrifying for me at first, but I ended up really liking it.
So on a Friday this summer, he decided that we should go to the zoo. Now a zoo is pretty tame compared to all the other things we have done, but when my brother gets an idea for an activity, it's best to just go along for the ride.




What a nice butt you have Mr. Zebra
At the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, they built a deck so the giraffes are at eye level with you. If you give them treats they will get close and you can pet them. I never want to pay for the treats, so I stand close while someone else gives them treats and then I go in for the kill. The best spot on a giraffe is right behind the ears. There is a secret soft spot.
His parents couldn't afford orthodontics, give him a break.
If you have ever been to my parents house, you would know that we have a cat that looks very similar to this one. That's because our car is 1/4 lynx.
And here is my brother, and Becca and baby Elly. She is a nice baby.

1 comment: